1 Create a Youtube channel
First, we must create a channel on YouTube so you can reach your audience using digital media, with a Google account.
Steps to create a YouTube channel:
- Access YouTube from a computer or mobile device.
- Try uploading a video or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t have a channel yet, you will see a notice to create one.
- Check the details (with the photo and name of your Google account) and confirm the creation of the new channel.
2 Live streaming on Youtube
Before you start the broadcast, make sure you have solved the technical aspects of the broadcast, from testing your Internet connection to checking the correct hardware and software to capture your live events.
Plan ahead for your first live broadcast. Remember that it can take up to 24 hours to enable the live broadcast for the first time. Once it is enabled, you can broadcast live instantly.
- Go to YouTube.
- In the upper right corner, click on create broadcast live.
- If you haven’t already done so, follow the steps on screen to verify your channel.
- Remember that live broadcasts can take up to 24 hours to be enabled the first time. Once they are activated, you will be able to broadcast instantly.
Be sure to use a reliable network, interruptions in connectivity generate interrupted transmissions. Do a speed test, and make sure your outgoing connection is sufficient to send the bit rate of your transmission. This is what you need in terms of quality:
- Standard Definition Video | 3 Mbps
- 720p & 1080p High Definition | 5-10 Mbps
- 4K Ultra High Definition | 25 Mbps
3 There are several ways to make a live streaming on YouTube
Web camera: Live webcam broadcasts are an easy way to broadcast without the use of an encoder. You can use them from your laptop or desktop computer. Learn more about it.
Mobile Device: If you want to broadcast from mobile devices, you can do it with the YouTube app. More information. Note: To use this feature, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
Encoder Transmission: Encoders allow you to capture content from your desktop computer, camera, microphone and more, and send it to YouTube live to broadcast to all your fans. Live streaming encoders are the best option for video game content, where external video or audio hardware is used, multiple cameras are used, etc.